My First Ever Circle Skirt!



I am not exactly sure why I have never made one of these before. I love my new circle skirt. Well technically a half circle skirt. I just wanted another wardrobe staple and thought I would try out a new pattern with the plain blue fabric I had, it was a good choice. This was so easy to make and is equally easy to wear.



Even though I am pretty good at maths I was feeling lazy. I used this 'Circle Skirt App' to work out the dimensions for me and left all the thinking to someone else. Go have a look. The Lovely ladies at By Hand London have also included instruction for how to sew it together. There is little left for me to add except: what are you waiting for?



If you haven't started making your own clothes yet but you do know the basics of sewing then this is a pretty good project to start on. I am wearing mine today as part of my Me-Made-May challenge, its going well so far. It is so fun to spin in! Zoe xx

4 comments :

  1. It looks lovely on you, especially when you twirl! Beautiful skirt! Great app :) Did you go for the midi length? May I ask what's the difference between quarter, half and full? I'm a beginner at this sewing thing ;)

    xo
    Camilla
    kapteinmoe.blogspot.no

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh great question, when you make a full circle skirt you literally cut a circle of fabric and then cut a hole in the middle for your waist- it makes a very full skirt. A half circle skirt is simply half a circle, instead of a whole circle, with the straight edges sewn together and a circle cut in the middle for the waist, its not so full but still has a lot of movement. A quarter circle skirt is the same but with a quarter of a circle, its the least full but still flutters and floats (this is how I would describe the movement of a circle skirt. I did choose a midi skirt yes, I can't wait to make a maxi and a mini one day though. Thanks Camilla.

      Delete
    2. Hi! Thank you so much for your explanation :) I really want to make myself a skirt, but I'm a little nervous about how it will turn out ;) Do you have any basic sewing projects you would recommend for someone who hasn't been using a sewing machine for quite some time? :)

      xo
      Camilla

      Delete
    3. That depend on what you are hoping to make. I started sewing quilts and think thats an excellent place to learn the basics but if you are hoping to make clothes then a circlee skirt is probably one of the easiest things you could make. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...