Crochet Granny Squares Soduku Blanket

I've been making a granny square blanket for a while. And now I'm finished! It started out with just 5 little squares:
I 'instagrammed' my progress which you can see above. This is my first proper crochet project (I like to start big) and I have enjoyed the process of making it. It is a very therapeutic craft so I encourage you to learn. You can learn the basic stitches here and there is also a pattern for the 'granny square' just as I have made for my blanket.
 And now it's finished. If you're interested the geek in me wanted to make a blanket with granny squares in 12 different colour combinations. I wanted to have one of each colour in each row and one in each column, hence the soduku blanket. This is the grid I followed to make sure it worked out right:
And I'm delighted with the results. It looks random and gives an even spread of colour but I know it has a hidden pattern. 
I think it will stay here for now, draped over this chair waiting for winter. Zoe xx

6 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am making one of these too! how much wool did you need to do the outer edging??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question, altogether I used just over 4 balls of 100g of DK yarn for the cream edging but I am not sure how much of that was for the outside border. Probably less than one ball though. Let me know when you have finished, I would love to see it. x

      Delete
  3. Hi how many balls of each colour did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question, I bought 2 of each of the colours that I used. However I didn't use two of every colour and have some left of almost all of them. the lighter colours I used much less of and the medium colours, the ones that are both inside and outside of some squares I used the most. I hope that helps. Zoe

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...