Spotty Picnic Blanket Skirt

I am totally hooked to making my own clothes already. I decided my second attempt should follow a real pattern so I went with Tilly and the Buttons (you may remember her from 'The Great British Sewing Bee') pattern for The Picnic Blanket Skirt. Her instructions are well thought out and make it really simple to put together.


The skirt is made up of 5 rectangles of material so it couldn't be more straight forward. I multiplied my measurements by 2.5 instead of Tilly's 2.1 to get a fuller skirt which makes it excellent for spinning around. If you have a look at Tilly's pattern, you'll know what I mean. I made mine out of a very lightweight cotton which means even the gathering was really easy on my skirt.

I was going to go with fabric covered buttons but I started the project with pink nail varnish on and it looked so cute with the grey I couldn't resist. I really recommend this as a first pattern to try out when making clothes, I think I will be making another one soon. Zoe xx

2 comments :

  1. Ooh it's gorgeous! Hahaha I have that too sometimes - nail varnish colours influencing my button choice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This reply has been a long time coming but thanks for looking Tilly and thankyou for sharing the instructions. I love you're new blog banner by the way, it great. xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...