Chocolate Fudge Icing Recipe (for Extra Indulgent Brownies)



This week I'm all about the sweet treats. I was supposed to be taking a savoury snack with me out last night but I just needed something sweet to help me endure the rain. I made some brownies and they were looking OK:

Normally I would be really pleased to take these with me and to eat them but I wanted something with a bit more wow factor. You can find the recipe for these brownies in an Usborne Children's recipe book but any brownies would work for this. The recipe I am sharing is for the icing (adapted from this recipe here). You can also enjoy this icing on cakes (or straight from a spoon!) and it goes on nice and smoothly so it always looks great even if you can't normally make your icing look smooth.

What You Will Need:
Brownies
55g Butter
3tbsp milk
200g icing sugar (sifted)
30g cocoa powder
Strawberries (half a strawberry for each brownie)

What To Do:
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. After a few minutes the mixture will turn smooth and glossy. Remove the bowl from the heat.
2. When the icing has cooled slightly, add about 1 tablespoon of icing to the top of each brownie, covering the tops and spreading it into the corner. It's ok if it starts to pour over the edges a little but don't cover the edges over completely.
3. Hull your strawberries and cut then in half. When the icing is mostly cool and starting to set pop half a strawberry on top.



And don't they look delicious? In fact they don't just look delicious they really taste it too. Nom nom nom. Zoe x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...